Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fun painting and mowing

I know, I know, I haven't posted for a long time. On Wednesday I mowed all day. The grass was so long and thick that I had to go slow. I did some trimming too. The "big deal" was that I changed the oil in the riding mower. Whenever I checked it, it was so black, but DH never got around to it. I was proud of myself. It never hurts to have a new skill.

Then I spent a day painting: ceilings in the walk in closets and bathroom and walls in the closets (this was primer). Wow, was I stiff this morning. Next is the ceiling in the bedroom. I may go buy an extender so I don't have to keep moving the ladder. I spent all morning reading on how to actually paint (techniques on cutting in and such) so when I get the actual top coat I know what I am doing. There is a lot to learn. Thank goodness for the Internet! All this so I can save some money on the decorating budget. The money is being spent on nice faucets.


5 comments:

Stef said...

Happy Mother's Day! Can't wait to see the pictures of all your efforts.

alexis said...

wow indeed!! Sounds like you are really "mowing" along, hoo hee :)

Gloria said...

Wow, you are ambitious! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures. Will you be starting your garden soon too?

de-I said...

Too much work. That's why I have Wife.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for changing the oil! It's one of my least favorite chores because it's so messy.