Tuesday, June 19, 2012

2233 miles

I just returned home after driving a total of 2233 miles on my trip to Minnesota and back.  I took two days coming and going, stopping in Kankakee, Ill where I stayed night with friends.   That made it a much more enjoyable (and safer) trip.  After checking my calendar for appointments or obligations tomorrow, I may go out and pull weeds.  The seven shrubs and five flower pots I planted before I left have been nicely watered by Gerry.  But mowing the lawn and pulling weeds does not happen.  But that is fine, as I enjoy it a lot more than he does.

I attended my 50th (yes 50) high school class reunion.  I enjoyed reconnecting with classmates.  I also was able to see my mom, brothers and sisters and one of Gerry's brothers.


4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Welcome back home!

Gill - UK said...

That's an incredible anniversary.
How are your veg patch rabbits?

alexis said...

that's quite a trip! You wouldn't consider flying?

de-I said...

Wondered where you'd bee off to. I've never been to one of my high school reunions.