Thursday, March 16, 2017

Testing and food

Today was my day to get some testing done at Cleveland Clinic. At the end of the EEG I had fallen asleep.  When the woke me they asked questions to determine how oriented I was.  I was asked what day it was, the names of the Great Lakes, five states that start with M and who is the president of the United States.  I almost failed the test on the last one.  I said something like, "I know who it is but don't want to say his name."  but finally did.  I am sure the women giving the test were just shaking their heads.

In a week I will get the results and give a report. I don't think my problem is real serious, but may need addressing.  We will see.

On Sunday I am hosting my third dinner in a month.  I am taking notes of what I make as I want to have a couple good "go to" menus that I can use in the future. The first was Chicken Marsala with rice, roasted carrots and steamed green beans with nuts.  The second was also Chicken.  I made Chicken Cordon Bleu.  This has  rice pilaf,  vegetables and a lemon cheesecake for dessert.  Both are keepers. Both of course had a salad to start as well as dinner rolls.

This Sunday I will be making my first Prime Rib dinner.  We want to tell some friends thank you for things they have done.  I did warn them that I have never made Prime Rib before but they said they would be good sports.

As I have said many times, "It is great having guests for dinner.  I end up with a clean house and a great meal."  Usually we have leftovers too.

4 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Hope this is nothing serious going on with you. Love to you both.

alexis said...

yes hope nothing too serious! All those meals sound like keepers. Do you make the dinner rolls from scratch or is it a purchase?

de-I said...

Agreement with my two family members. And as far as Prime Rib goes, it is one of the easiest party dishes ever. Just make sure you have a meat thermometer in it so you can track the temperature.

Gill - UK said...

You don't let anything slow you down - hope the test results lead to a good outcome.