Saturday, September 16, 2017

Seeing stars!

This morning I awoke at 5:15 am.  Usually I try to get back to sleep but since that didn't seem to be working I got up and had my first cup of coffee.  I happened to look out the windows to the west and noticed a thick fog.  Then when looking out the east window I saw through the fog a bright star or as it turned out, Venus. Intrigued, I went out side and was amazed at the view.  The fog covered all the light pollution.  There was just a small waxing moon.  Because of this stars were bright. I lay on a foam mattress wrapped in a warm blanket and just gazed in awe.  What a gift.

Words fail me to describe how I felt.  I thought of A in A who requested a trip to a place where there was no light pollution and loved it. I plan to keep the location she went to as a future trip.


3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That sounds really delightful!

Gill - UK said...

I didn't realise there was so much light pollution where you live

alexis said...

that is so amazing - I figured by you guys you would have good visibility of the stars. It boggles the mind that the whole species has been looking up at the stars until only very recently.