Monday, August 26, 2019

Clear eyesight and slow driving

A week ago I had minor surgery on my eyes.  The surgery wasn't so bad.  What followed was a bit worse.  I was supposed to put ice packs on my eyes, 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for three days.  I skipped nights when I was sleeping.  I slept in a recliner because I was not to lie flat.  Four times a day, Gerry put medicine in my eyes.  We called it "goop" because that was the texture.  My experience of  not be able to see well is only for a week. I am thankful that is not my everyday eyesight. When the "goop" was in everything was a blur.  I could not read or watch TV. 





 After we had the tiling done on our lawn it was full of deep ruts. Gerry has spent at least two days tilling it smooth so we can plant grass.  He has to drive very slowly with the tractor and tiller.  I wonder if it reminds him of working on the farm until he left at 18. 

4 comments:

de-I said...

The experience with the post-surgery sounds very unpleasant. I hope the results have been worthshile

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Glad to hear the surgery is over and was successful. Was it for cataracts?
Good to see the tiling project is coming to an end.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm glad your eye surgery recovery is nearly over. It sounded quite uncomfortable.

alexis said...

that picture of Gerry makes me indeed think EXACTLY of him on the farm and what that must have been like. Sorry about the aftermath of the surgery but grateful if the outcome longterm is achieved.