Sunday, March 8, 2020

Hilton Head, South Carolina

I have just completed reading three books on traveling alone, one being a solo female travel book.  Just a few of the tips:  The first thing is to find the location of the tourist information center. Bring functional clothes - no one cares what you look like.  Check days museums are closed and days they have a docent. It is OK not to see everything. Look at weather forecast as far ahead as possible.

Then there are things I can learn about myself.  Learn to be more open minded. Learn to be comfortable being alone.  Remember when I tell friends that I plan to travel alone they will tell me stories of people who had problems, or that it is not safe. 

This week G and I will leave on a trip with the final destination Hilton Head, SC.  We will be together for about a week, then I plan to spend two weeks by myself. That was why I reading the books.

I hope to use this blog to document activities of each day.  It will be for me as well as sharing with others.

4 comments:

de-I said...

Good for you! We should be more careful about checking on the days when museums and other things are open

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Good luck! I think this could be a really awesome experience for you!

alexis said...

also make eye contact if needed, look confident. You are not to be messed with. And enjoy your trip!!!!