Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Gardening again

For many years I have planted a garden.  A couple years ago I took down the fence and planted grass in the spot.  We many times were gone when the vegetables were ready to harvest.  But  I must admit, I did not keep up with the weeding.

This year I have decided to plant a garden again.  The first step was to till the area where the grass had grown.  Our soil is mostly clay so this is a challenge.  First it involved moving the things that were parked in the spot. 



We (Gerry) has tilled over it several times.  



Today we will buy a trailer of compost and work it into the ground.  And then  put up a fence to keep the rabbits out.

I have had to brush up on how to garden.  Fortunately I have an expert to advise me , my daughter. 

The last challenge was buying seeds.  It seems that a lot of people have decided to garden this year.  Just waiting for peas and broccoli. 





4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I notice that you did not include a description of Dad's mild exasperation at having to till up the space that he had so carefully flattened and seeded a few years ago.

I am going to enjoying talking plants with you!

de-I said...

We can only wait with bated breath for the post-virus mild exasperation when the garden is returned to lawn

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Happy Gardening!

alexis said...

we had a similar run on gardening supplies here. Although I don't know if I'd call what we do gardening.