Monday, October 11, 2010

Out door work

The former owners of our property used various kinds of stones as mulch. They put plastic under it. Not the best growing conditions for plants. So we have started removing it. Yesterday Gerry and I loaded two half barrels with stones and put them in the woods to prevent erosion. Good exercise. There is still more to do, but I am encouraged with the start.

Today I tilled the second half of my garden. I had done the first half a month or so ago. I planted seven kinds of hybrid day lilies there. It is a "nursery" for the plants. I will move them in the spring to a prepared bed.

To answer the question about the quote, that was for my dear husband. Just wanted to bring it to his attention that he cannot take his large collections with him. He actually thought it was funny.

4 comments:

Stef said...

Your yard work always sounds like such enormous projects!

Gill - UK said...

Now I know the motive for the quote - I think it's brilliant - I shall point it out to my other half and live in hope!

de-I said...

As an inveterate sloth who avoids yard work at all costs, I totally agree Stef.

alexis said...

I like to think of it as doing yard work for all of the rest of us city dwellers with no greenery to speak of