Friday, September 30, 2011

More rain

Today I put on my old clothes, winter coat, hat and gloves to go outside to  mow the lawn.  It is about 50 degrees out but the grass really needs mowing.  Before I could start, the rain started coming down and it has been raining since.  Guess I will postpone this task until next week.  So instead, I am working through the pile of papers on my desk.  Tonight G and I are attending a concert of Gershwin music by two piano players and a women't trio - music like it would have sounded in New York in the 30s

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a concert I would enjoy. I wish I could join you and Dad for it.

Gill - UK said...

I'm reading your post in the sweltering heat of an Indian summer - our grass desperately needs a break from the dry heat. The weather is definitely full of surprises in the UK. It's difficult to imagine that the weather is so cold that you are having to wear a winter coat for your gardening when it's still September.
Hope you enjoyed the concert.

alexis said...

I love Gershwin! I am sure you have earned it even if the lawn mowing project has been postponed

de-I said...

If it is like typical Ohio, you'll have snow in a couple of weeks and won't have to mow until May!