Monday, September 12, 2011

Book club

I usually read non fiction or novels, but the book discussion group I have joined reads more variety. This month's choice was a biography of Abraham Lincoln, titled" One Man Great Enough" by John C. Waugh. It is his life from birth until he was elected president. It talks about him as a person not about the Civil War, although there is a lot about politics of the time. I found it a fascinating book, certainly one I would recommend. He was such a logical thinker and speaker, was a very moral person. Anyway I really enjoyed the book and the discussion.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I started reading a biography on Abe Lincoln but I fear it was a bit dry and I never got through it. Will have to check that one out!

de-I said...

Aren't biographies non-fiction?

Gill - UK said...

One of the advantages of being retired is that I have more time to read books for pleasure - I'm making up for lost time.