Friday, December 16, 2011

The parties are happening

It seems that my life has centered around food for the last two weeks.  We had two dinner parties at our house, the first for 12 (Gerry's group at work) and the second for 16 (the motorcycle riding group that we have dinner with at a restaurant every Monday).  Gerry also rides with the guys and I have taken trips to New York City and Savannah with some of the women.  This year I hired a 16 year old neighbor to help me.  I kept my sanity thanks to her.  Of course I was so preoccupied that I forgot to take pictures.

The AAUW group had a pot luck and for a speaker a women who is an "expert" in storytelling.  She told stories of her life and culture and encouraged us to do the same, especially with our children and grandchildren. She said to do it even if they don't indicate interest.  It is important.  It doesn't matter if you don't have all the facts correct- it is your story.

One of the photography groups I attend had pizza and other goodies.  The speaker was Ian Adams.  Look at his work on his website:  http://ianadamsphotography.com/  I bought his book, A Photographer's Guide to Ohio.  That was a Christmas gift to myself.


2 comments:

de-I said...

Funny you mention the thing related to stories. I am visiting my Dad this week. I find that what I look forward to the most is hearing all his stories!

alexis said...

I love stories! I think that must be why I like talk radio so much...