Tuesday, April 17, 2012

No pictures of this

This post will make you shutter.  Last Thursday I was slicing raw potatoes with my mandoline.  I was in a bit of a hurry and did not use the shield until most of the potato was sliced.  You can see where this is heading.  I sliced my right index finger resulting in getting 10 stitches.  Do I know better?  Of course.  You can be quite sure I will not do that again. I am happy that there has been on infection.  My guess is that I will have a nice scar to remind me to slow down and be careful, When it happened I wrapped it tight with the help of our exchange student, who cannot stand to see blood, and then drove myself to the ER which is about 5 miles from our house.  I am bummed out because everything takes twice as long with one hand, but have no one to blame but myself.  I labeled this "No pictures of this" but G did take some pictures. Don't worry I will not post them.


2 comments:

alexis said...

oh my god, that sounds terrible! I was just contemplating getting a mandolin but then I hear those kinds of terrible stories.

de-I said...

Wow. I'm a bit slow at catching up with your posts. Hope all is healing up well. Sounds most unpleasant.