Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finances

I am breathing a big sigh of relief today.  It is only April 4th and I have finished doing the taxes.  I was considering paying off the mortgage on our house but wanted to make sure there were no big surprises with the taxes before I did that.  Well great news.  There were not surprises and we were able to pay off the mortgage.
Gerry always said he would not retire until it was paid off.  But this does not mean he will retire tomorrow.  He seems to be quite challenged by his job (that may be an understatement) so there is no word when that will be. When I told a friend that we had paid it off, she said you then paint the front door red to tell the world that you no longer have a mortgage.  I have never heard of that tradition.  Gerry is all for it, but I just do not think red would look good with the maroon shutters and I have better things to do than pain all the shutters red.

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Yippee!

Paint the door maroon.

de-I said...

Congratulations!

Just take a picture of the door and photoshop it red.

alexis said...

that is fantastic news! No monthly payments, the house is yours.