Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Surgery on right eye

Today I had the cataract removed from my right eye.  A new lens was put in.  So now the right and left should "match" each other.  I have started the every two hour regime of eye drops.  I am just glad to have it completed.  Of course it will up to a month before I have the new glasses, but am now using "cheater" glasses from the drug store. I can see great at a distance but need the glasses for close up. The actually surgery takes about 10 minutes. Of course it takes a day to recover from having the eye dilated  and from the anesthesia.  It is amazing.

Last week I was able to start my outside yard work.  I pulled up some spreading Juniper that was under the flowering cherry tree.  It had become about a foot deep and was causing problems with fungus on the tree so that the leaves would drop prematurely.  Then I dug out all the day lilies in front of the house, tilled the soil, added more soil and compost and replanted a fraction of them.  They were completely overgrown.  We had had beautiful weather to do this, but last night had a frost.  That was not a problem for my yard, but I worry about the blueberry bushes where I pick each year.

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I agree - it's amazing how quickly the recovery takes place. Hope you're feeling well, Mom!

alexis said...

wow, I bet the surgery is amazing! how wonderful to have vision in both eyes of the same level.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I wish you fast healing with the eye - so you can get back to work on the landscaping. Tho that never seems to end!

de-I said...

Glad the surgery went all right. It is very nerve racking anytime you are dealing with the eyes.