Monday, October 29, 2012

Outdoor preparations

Well, by the calendar I knew Fall ( and then Winter) weather was coming.  So over the last week, I did outdoor preparations.  I tilled the garden, turned the compost, weeded, emptied flower containers, drained hoses, shredded a pile of weeds for the compost and planted some tulip bulbs.

We have had several inches of rain over the last few days, with a couple more inches predicted.  When the ground gets so saturated and the wind blows the rain against the house we get some water in the basement. So last night and this morning I have been using the wet/dry vac in the basement.  No serious damage, just an inconvenience.   I worry that my landscaping and bulbs will drown out as I see puddles of water everywhere, but cannot do anything about it.

1 comment:

alexis said...

you must be getting outfall from hurricane Sandy! HOpe the tulips make it. Otherwise maybe I can send you some from here?