Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Water everywhere

It has rained day and night for several days.  The wind gusted up to 60 mph.  And water steadily came into our basement.  I  used the wet/dry vacuum every few hours for a couple days and nights.  I estimate I sucked up 40-50 gallons of water.  The next step is to find out what the problem is and fix it.  But thankfully, nothing is ruined.  It was not that the sump pump wasn't working, the water just was not running thru the tile to the sump pump.

But I still am thankful that we only lost electrical power for about three hours.  When it came back on, I think if fried our router for the computer.  I have the laptop hooked up directly to the modem  so at least I can get on line.  It is amazing how much one relies on being on line.  Compared to what others suffered in the East part of the country, this is not much.


3 comments:

Stef said...

Glad to hear you are staying dry as possible!

Gill - UK said...

The UK news bulletins make grim viewing and Ohio did get a mention as being in the path of the storm. Glad to hear you were able to cope and that you are safe. I think Gerry might have had to stay at home.

de-I said...

I didn't realize you had gotten hit as much where you were. Glad it wasn't too bad.