Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post Election

There is NOTHING on my calendar for today. That means I can look at my very long "to do" list.  Gerry and I did not stay up to watch election results as we get up at 5:30 AM each day.  It works better for him to leave early to beat the rush hour traffic in Cleveland.  The hard part is making sure we get to bed early.

A couple of things about the election results made me feel hopeful:  I was happy Obama won, and Sherrod Brown kept his Senate seat.  Outside groups (including Karl Rove) spent $40,000,000 against Sherrod.  I am also hopeful to see three states passed initiatives to give equal rights to gay people in allowing gay marriage. :"Go Minnesota" where they voted down a constitutional amendment that would have said marriage was only for a man and woman.  Yesterday I received three phone calls from Obama workers. When I told the first one he had my vote, her spontaneous responses was "Praise the Lord"  which shows Christians voted for him too.  :)

There has been frost on the windshield of Gerry's car the last two mornings.  The birds are all over the feeders.  It seems that Winter is approaching.  The fields that we rent out still have soy beans in them. Last night we saw two small dear munching on them.  He will have to wait to harvest until the ground is frozen since it is so wet now.

2 comments:

alexis said...

wow, OH still an important state! I wonder how many people they called in NM. Not so many I think...

Gill - UK said...

$40,000,000 dollars - that amount of money could have been put to better use and help solve a problem or two for the residents of Ohio.
I think the right man won.