Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The usual New Year's Activities

Can't say what got me motivated- but I have spent the last two days editing a drawer in the filing cabinet.  It was the one with all our financial records.  One thing that helped was looking online to see if the information was available there.  Then I could shred the paper.  I also spent time requesting digital statements instead of a hard copies. Just so I don't think I have to print them all out now!  That would be counter productive.  I will add two garbage bags of shredded paper to the trash pick up this week.  In the past I have put some shredded paper in the compost, but don't want to put too much ink in it.

I also started a stretch exercise class.  It is for an hour two times a week and the third day they do line dancing.  I definitely have a ways to go with getting in shape and learning to dance.  But I must start somewhere.

Another change in our life is that G gets up at 5:30 AM each day so he can be on the road by 6 AM to beat the rush hour traffic.  I get up with him (but usually have to sneak in a short nap during the day).  I haven't told him that so will see if he reads my blog.

5 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I think Dad will be a bit jealous if he finds out that you take a nap every day. But maybe that's good - it'll help him see one of the joys of retirement.

alexis said...

LOL! You must tell us if he asks about your nap. :)

Denise Annemarie said...

Oh the luxury!!

Gill - UK said...

Well done taking on a stretch exercise class. Our gymophobics venue ( a gym for those who don't fancy the real thing) has changed owners, venue and conditions - so we are looking for a new place to keep fit.

de-I said...

I've become a huge fan of taking naps. I try whenever I can thought sometimes the schedule doesn't allow it. I used to never be able to nap but now I've pretty much trained myself in how to do it.