Sunday, September 22, 2013

What's for dinner?

When our son and family packed their belongs and moved to CA, we were the recipients of food from their refrigerator and freezer.  When I came back home from MD, there were a lot of surprises:  half containers of salad dressings, ketchup, maple syrup;  frozen lasagna, turkey burgers, a pizza just to name a few things.  I am planning some of my meals around these.  Thank you to them.

I went outside of my comfort zone in cooking when I bought arugula from the local Amish auction.  The challenge then was to find a recipe that Hubby would like.  I found one where you sauteed onion and garlic, add chicken broth then cook the arugula and dried cranberries in the broth. Slivered almonds were added before serving,  I thought it was a keeper.  He ate it, but I am not sure he is a fan.    

2 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Arugula - that's one I need to look up online.

de-I said...

Arugula - you definitely need to like your bitter greens for that.