Thursday, November 7, 2013

G's travels

G went to Nebraska to attend his uncle's 90th birthday party.  One brother and three sisters, along with some of their spouses, also attended. He was able to see cousins that he had not seen for years.  After the party, he headed to Minnesota where he is visiting my mother, and some of my family, and is seeing more of his relatives. He will be gone over two weeks.  It reminded me of a trip his mother took when she was a bit younger than him, where she took a  trip by bus around the US visiting relatives.  That was an extremely courageous thing for her to do.  I guess he learned the importance of keeping connections with family from her.

I have found plenty to keep my days filled.  The Fall outside work is pretty much completed. I have mowed lawn, mulched, pulled weeds and even planted some last minute shrubs and perennials.  They were on sale at 75 % off so it is worth the risk that they may not all survive the Winter.

The second big project is to paint a bedroom.  I have put two coats of primer on the walls, and painted the ceiling yesterday.  Today the goal is to do one coat of regular paint on the walls.  I would post pictures, but it is just dark blue walls changed to light beige.


2 comments:

de-I said...

I don't know about you but I handle it much better when I am the one who does the traveling than when I am the one who has too hang around at home.

Gill - UK said...

All that work and you still find time to post on your blog - well done.