Saturday, November 9, 2013

Tosca

Today I attended a streaming from the Metropolitan Opera which is held at  a local theater. It was like we were in the front row.  The opera was Puccini's Tosca.  It actually was great despite it having a suicide, murder, attempted rape, etc.  I believe these performances can be seen around the world.  Check out
http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/liveinhd/LiveinHD.aspx to see it near you.  This absolutely would not be for my husband and I would not have gone if my friend had not invited me.   So as you can see I am going outside of my normal comfort zone.  Not having attended many operas I am amazed at the emotion that the performers show.  Not only are they extreemly talented musicians, but they show a lot of emotion in their acting.  If you were sitting in the back of the Metropolitan Opera, you would miss it.  But seeing in in the theater is great.  That was a treat for myself after days of painting the bedroom.

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

If, like me, you can only afford back-row opera tickets, that is when you use your opera glasses.

Sounds like you had fun, in spite of all the characters dying :)

Gill - UK said...

In the UK you can see opera and ballet at the cinema - you just need to be aware of dates and times of performances.

de-I said...

Maybe she had fun because of all the characters dying?

RETA said...

Oh my goodness! What a treat! Thank you for writing about it. I have never been to the opera.

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com