Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dinner Party

I am tempted to not post on the blog if I don't have pictures. I was so busy that I don't think to take pictures. Last night I (we) hosted the FFF (Fabulous Friday Feast) at our house.  Three other couples are in the group and we meet once a month at different homes.  It was a busy day for me.  Since I do not have a cleaning lady like a couple of them do, I recruited G to do the vacuuming and wash the kitchen floor.  I spent the day cooking.  The menu was:  Cream of Broccoli soup, Chicken Marsala, Rice Pilaf, and Bourbon Carrots. Dessert was a chocolate cake roll.   The soup was a keeper.  After cooking the broccoli with a few other vegetables, I used the immersion blender. What a great invention.  A couple other skills I learned in preparing this meal were how to toast almonds with and without butter, and how to make almond praline. This was used in the filling of the cake. I had many different roles during the day:  Sous Chef, Chef, Hostess, and clean up lady.  I enjoyed the whole day and evening.  In the past I would have been more stressed out.  But not yesterday.  That feels great.


3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Sounds as though the dinner party went well.
I now own an immersion blender - I must get round to using it - as you say they are very useful, getting results really quickly.

alexis said...

that sounds like an amazing menu and I can imagine all the work that was involved in all the preparation. Fabulous indeed and great that you didn't feel too tired or stressed as a result.

de-I said...

I love the immersion blender as well. Took me years before I got one but it is so handy.