Friday, April 4, 2014

Blurry eyed from looking at computer all day.

I am submitting two pictures to an exhibit by my photo club.  As I starting sorting through pictures, I could not find pictures from 2005 to 2010. My guess is that when our last computer died and son got us a new one, these pictures were not transferred over to the new one.  Fortunately, I have backups on dvds.  But it was not an easy job to get them copied into the external hard drive where my photos now live.  It was an all day job.  Some moved as directed, but others had to be moved one days worth at a time.  I still have six months worth that are giving me trouble.  As usual, I think if I were my son or daughter I could figure out a fast way to do things.  But I at least figure out  my way to get them done.  The next big project is to sort my pictures from G's.  Should have done that from the beginning but did not.  This is to lead to the end result of us sorting our photos so we just have the good ones and a smaller number so we can actually show them to people.  It does feel good to get the job started however.

3 comments:

de-I said...

It's horrible when you realize that you should have done some kind of cataloging all along. I feel that way about my blog. I should have been tagging topics like my cooking so I could go back and find things. Likelihood of doing that know is pretty remote.

alexis said...

the price of technology - we take so many more photos. I doubt 5 years of photos in shoe boxes would take any less time.

Gill - UK said...

It's a job I need to get done - and I know there will be lots of photos that can be deleted if I just keep that ones that were successful.