Sunday, April 27, 2014

More fun activities

Since G has officially retired (guess I should throw a party), he has started looking through the mountains of things he has in his office, the basement, and even the rest of the house.  I have to keep telling myself this is progress, although it always looks worse at the start.  He pulls out stacks of boxes from where ever they were hiding and starts sorting.  It takes days so everything is spread out during that time. I am not complaining, however.  It has motivated me to do some of the same.  Things that have left the property lately are an old refrigerator that was not working properly, two boxes of books, and several boxes for the thrift shop.

One of the benefits of this process is the accessibly to things you really like to use.  I am printing and framing two photos to exhibit with my photography club.  I could actually find the frames!

Here are the two I chose.



The first was taken in South Dakota when we rode motorcycles there at the Sturgis Rally. The snail I just happened to see when walking in our woods.

A third choice was  sunset at Georgian Bay in Ontario. Sadly we are limit to two photos.


4 comments:

de-I said...

I suppose I should take the same approach to my office. Maybe when we get back. Personally, I liked the one you didn't include the best.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

So very nice, Bernice. Let me know how you make out and what the comments are from the camera club.
We are in the process of doing some cleaning out as well. It is always a good thing.

alexis said...

I think that sunset is stunning! Organization stuff like that always feels very cathartic for me.

Gill - UK said...

Sorting out - that sets us a good example.
I liked the snail photo the best -not that I like them in the garden. I always move them to the bottom of the garden where the thrushes hang out.