Thursday, May 1, 2014

G in W Va, me in Ohio

G has not gone on a dirt bike ride for about a year.  Street rides, yes.  He and about 20 other riders have gone to West Virginia to ride on the Hatfield-McCoy trails. He said it has taken a bit to get used to riding on the dirt trails again. They are staying at a school house made over into accommodations. In the past they would rent a house and do their own cooking.  Here they go out for all their meals.  It was a lot easier to do the packing, that is for sure.  It looks like it will be cool, in the 60's if that, but no rain.  They will be there for four days, so I am trying to get  caught up on things I want to do at home.

Today I put out the Hummingbird feeder, put out a live trap to try to catch a ground hog, and have been digging out my overgrown iris bed.  I give them away through Free Cycle, an online group where you just give away things that would normally end up in the trash.  I also did things like reading posting of my friend on Facebook.

2 comments:

de-I said...

I'm curious as to how he'll feel physically after our last conversation.

alexis said...

I signed up for free cycle but I still haven't done anything with it! I will have to give it a try again.