Monday, September 1, 2014

Cleaning and weeding

Most of my energy these days is getting the house and yard ready for the visit of about 110 people on Saturday (the annual pig roast).   We will have eight house guests for the weekend also.  I feel like things are under control, although there always are more things on the "to do" list.

Since I had two  three-week vacations this summer, the weeding in the landscaping got ahead of me.  Fortunately it has rained a lot so it is easy to pull them out.  I also received a birthday gift of eight iris rhizomes (Thank you Gill) but I needed to find a permanent home for them.  I have chosen the south side of my house to be the iris garden.  I now have twelve different colors of iris planted there.  In case you haven't figured it out, iris is my favorite flower.  So be prepared for lots of iris pictures next year.

Regarding the weeding, I thought of putting before and after pictures, but the before ones were too embarrassing.

2 comments:

alexis said...

I cannot wait to see all the iris pictures!

de-I said...

Wish we could have made it...but at least Wife got to go to South Dakota!