Monday, September 22, 2014

Usual activities

For a gift last Christmas I received the book, The Vegetable Gardener's Bible by Edward Smith.  He advocates planning your garden so that you have walking paths in it so you don't walk on the planted area and compress it.  I had tilled my garden earlier so made plots and then delineated the paths with cardboard.  I plan to then cover the cardboard with straw.  I only have tomatoes and basil in it this year.  One plot will be for garlic that I will plant this Fall yet.  My friend who gave me the garlic to plant said to plant it when the moon is Full Moon in October.  





Two years ago G said we needed to replace the mowers that I use.  I have learned to never mow unless he is home to repair them during the mowing.  This is what they currently look like.  The deck is so worn through that he can no longer weld it so he has resorted to repairing it with wood.  I guess if it still works, why get a new one!   It did make me smile while using it, because this is rather pitiful. So stay posted as to what happens.
















2 comments:

Gill - UK said...

You've been working hard on your veg patch - it looks manicured - now it should be easier to keep it in good order for next years plantings.

Gill - UK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.