Thursday, August 6, 2015

Enjoying sewing

One of our guest bedrooms has my sewing machine in it.  Along with this is a box of clothing that needs alteration or mending. Since it is in a guest bedroom, it seems that it is "out of sight, out of mind".  Today turned out to be a productive day as I tried on each item in the box.  A couple no longer fit - so to the thrift shop they go.  Some just needed a seam fixed which again was a rather quick fix.  And then there were several pairs of pants the needed hemming.  Who knows how long these items have been waiting for my attention.  One pair  of beautiful white jeans has flared or wide legs.  So I had to do research to see if they are still in style.  Seems that they are, which is great because they fit fine on the top, just are much too long. Of course in googling that I am learning what to wear with the jeans so they look their best.  It just makes me happy to make progress on this.

2 comments:

de-I said...

I bet that you're daughter could take what you've done by accident and turn it into a procedure for making sure you get the most use and value from your clothing purchases!

alexis said...

ooo, can we have fashion pictures when you're done with all the clothing alterations??