Monday, October 24, 2016

Preparation to Vote tomorrow

G and are voting early tomorrow, instead of waiting until Nov 8. I printed out the ballet for our township and have spent a couple hours online researching candidates.  I am not talking about the positions of President or Ohio Senate or House.  I am looking at people who are running for the Justice of Supreme Court in Ohio, for State Board of Education or even County Coroner.  It was hard to find good information, but at least we are not just guessing.

On another topic, Fall has arrived and we are outside as weather permits to do the last minute jobs. Two days ago I talked G into using a borrowed backhoe to remove a small tree by my garden shed.  It just keep sending up suckers and looked a mess.  I feel like I have a clean slate to plant things now.  I think he doesn't mind helping with gardening if he can use a machine.  But heaven forbid doing it with a shovel by hand.  The only Fall planting I do is to plant garlic.  I am hoping I did not get them in too late.


5 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Good for you Bernice. We ended up voting the day before we left for Europe - Sept 27. I had started researching the process several weeks earlier, but ended up not getting all the "permissions" until the 27th. It is quite a process if you want to do it by email in NM! I had read some about the local elections, but not enough to my regret.

Gill - UK said...

The US voting system is very different from the UK. It is so time consuming to research all the candidates but how else can you make an educated choice.
I sat up late to watch the third debate between Hilary and Donald - it was both informative and entertaining - but then I don't have to choose.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Well done on both counts. I'm pretty sure it's not too late for garlic- you have to wait until at least the first few frosts.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Well done on both counts. I'm pretty sure it's not too late for garlic- you have to wait until at least the first few frosts.

alexis said...

Oh my, I also found it really difficult to find good information on the local candidates! You don't want to randomly vote for someone but sometimes there just isn't much to be found.