Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Thanks RM

My daughter introduced me to the "KonMari" method of simplifying and organizing.  My current category is picture frames, with or without pictures in them.  I do not have the courage to post a picture of the "before" picture.  And the "after" will take some time. A couple "before" pictures were taken so I may post them with I am finished.   I have moved every picture frame I have into a spare bedroom.  I stopped counting at 125.  I am beyond saying to myself, "What was I thinking". Obviously I wasn't.  I am trying to picture how my space will look after sorting and getting rid of many.

The title"Thanks RM" may sound like like sarcasm, but I actually appreciate it because it gives me a framework to use.

On another note, Gerry and I have joined a book discussion group.  Our current book is Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind.   We heartily recommend it.  A good summary is here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23692271-sapiens   We attend twice a month.




5 comments:

de-I said...

125 and the counting stopped...Wow

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I can't believe you have so many left - when you had the "who can get rid of the most stuff" contest with your family!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I am amazed at 125. This explains why your house looks so different than mine.

Gill - UK said...

I shall have to google the KonMari method - I have much to simplify and organise.
I think taking things to the charity shop will make a big contribution my efforts.

alexis said...

omg aunt B - I'm breathless! 125+... LOL. But how thoughtful that you had so many pictures you wanted to display and think of in your home.