Thursday, June 15, 2017

Doing it again.

Saturday is our ninth annual Pig Roast/Pot Luck.  So far I haven't freaked out.  Ninety two people have said they are coming.  Luckily we have a tent for shade as it will be a high of 91 degrees.Tables are set up in the garage and almost everything is purchased.  I forgot to get the plastic aprons for those cutting/shredding the cooked meat.  This year RM and her physics friends will not be here.
I hope I take more pictures this year to share.  Usually I running around so much that I forget to do that.

On another topic, when I walk in our woods I love it when I witness something new in nature.  Of course in Spring there are many wild flowers.  I try to identify the birds by their song.  I carry my phone and try to get information on various songs.

Today I saw from my deck a coyote loping across our field into the woods. I would never see it in the woods, but I was thrilled to see it in our yard and field.  A couple of time we have heard them yipping and howling close the the house at night.


 

2 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Good luck with the roast. Wish we could be there.

alexis said...

we will also be there in spirit! I live in a city but I still try to appreciate the changes of nature.