Sunday, November 19, 2017

A gift of flower pots

Over the years I have had grandiose plans of having many houseplants as well as outdoor flowers in clay pots.  Or so it would seem when I looked at my stash in the garden shed.  I no longer have even one house plant and it is not a good idea to have flowers in clay pots outdoors when you are not home to water them daily in the summer.  So, thank goodness for "Freecycle".  I posted that I had them to give to a good home and two women are now very happy.  No, make that three, because I am happy that I gifted them to the two women.  They each got about 20.  Most I found at garage sales, so the "sunk" cost was not too much.


Freecycle is a group where one can get or give items free that can be reused and kept out of landfills.
I looked it up and there are 5,311 groups around the world.  If you are interested in finding one near you,  just look up freecycle.org.

I am stating to be more realistic about which projects or activities I actually will do.








2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Well done! There's probably only a few thousand things left to donate ;)

alexis said...

i definitely registered for freecycle but I think it was a different version. I will have to look again.