Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thanksgiving week

Since most of read http://stylingwithreneemichelle.blogspot.com/  I will not repeat what she posted there.  I would add that she has great friends.  For hours they worked with us in removing insulation and without a murmur  of complaint.


 "before" pictures" 

 The day before we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at their apartment overlooking DC.  Well,  not actually the White House and monuments, but some of the city.   It was a treat.  All I brought were two pies: the required pumpkin and a cherry. And as usual there were leftovers.

On Sunday G and I drove back to Ohio.  This has to be the heaviest  traveled day for the whole year.  Traffic stopped or went extremely slow for hours. But we arrived home safely and are on with our life.  My big project for the coming months is to replace the flooring on all of the first floor except the bedroom.  That requires choosing counter tops for the kitchen, flooring for the kitchen and carpet for the living room/dining room.   Pleased be advised that this may be the topic for many future blogs. A friend advised that I enjoyed this,  do it with joy and have a good time doing it.  I will try to remember that  advice .






3 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

That sounds like a huge job - but the rewards will be just as big!

alexis said...

woah! You are going to replace the flooring by hand, yourself?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Alexis, my mother had more sense than my father and me (or clings less tightly to each dollar). She will be making the choices, but hiring someone to do the work.