Friday, November 2, 2018

Ramblings

All I can say, is "rain, rain,and more rain".  Thank goodness I was able to mow the lawn before it started.  We have had a frost so it is not growing much.  We have become homebodies because or the rain.
I frequently say I am so happy I don't have to drive in the buggy like the Amish around here.  Sometimes you see them driving holding a big (black of course) umbrella in front of them. They are trusting the horse knows the way.




In my quest to get rid of my stuff, I have contacted several historical societies to find a home for this stove.  I would love to donate this to them. So far no takers.  This stove was in the basement of the house in Mountain Lake, Minnesota where my grandparents, then my parents, and now my brother live.  My brother did not want it.  I thought I would put it in the walkout basement of a house we were planning to build. I drove 900 miles (one way) with a trailer and brought it to Ohio.

We did not build the house were were planning to. Instead we bought the one we now live in.  So it has been in the wood room of our basement.  I really don't want to just scrap it so will keep trying. 


4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

It certainly looks a solid piece of kitchen equipment!
The museum we visited in Detroit had kitchens from different decades on display - that might be an idea.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, that is massive! I hope you find a good home for it, both because I think it should be appreciated by someone and so I don't inherit it.

de-I said...

I think of all the places we visited in the South that had historical building displays with period pieces. Are there any such museums in Ohio?

alexis said...

it's hard to imagine you guys sitting still for any period of time!