Saturday, October 27, 2018

Loss and Grief

Today I am writing sympathy cards to two of my friends who lost their mothers .  To say I understand what they are going through is very true.  It is sobering when I realize this is another stage of  my  life.  To those who know our friends, it is Denise L and Lynn B. 

In the same vein, last night G and saw the movie "Summer 1993".  It is a Spanish movie about a six year old girl who looses her mother and goes to live with an aunt and uncle.  The acting by the six year old is great.  Much of the time she looks on in silence as things are happening, but shows emotion in her face and body.  It shows here healing in a slow way.  I would recommend the movie. 

I don't want this post to be overly sad.  In each situation there are good memories that heal.







4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

We have to hang on to the good memories - I think it is part of the healing process.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Yes, sadness and loss of loved ones is a part of life.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Condolences to Lynne and Denise.

alexis said...

It is never easy to lose a loved one. I think moms and dads in particular.