Sunday, January 20, 2019

Last night we went to the last Christmas part of the season.  The normal driving time is 45 minutes.  It took us two hours.  That should have a clue that it would have been better staying home.  But no, G always tells everyone he is from Minnesota and can handle all winter weather. 


Note the smile on his face.  I had the good sense to stay inside the car and be the photographer.
It was a miracle we got home.  There were drifts a couple feet high on the country roads.  Well, maybe only one and a half.


We only had to walk only the length of the driveway.  Who knows when we will get the van out.


This car is hibernating.  
We are grateful that the electricity  has not gone out and we are toasty warm.

5 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

So glad you didn't lose heat. I've not lived in Minnesota for so long I can not claim any snow expertise. I'm happy to let someone else do the snow shoveling.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Was it worth going out on that weather?

de-I said...

Not anything that I would be doing. Hate snow!

alexis said...

holy crap! We got 1,1mm of snow here. I guess it's good to keep it all in perspective.

Gill - UK said...

That's what you call snow - the UK is in danger of coming to a standstill because 5 to 10 cm of snow is forecast over the next few days - I'll write no more - that would be tempting fate.