Saturday, March 9, 2019

A Difficult posting

Yesterday my brother, Harry, died.  He had an aneurysm couple days ago.  He was airlifted to a great hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  They did surgery and he was put on life support.  Yesterday his siblings met and we made the decision to remove him from the ventilator. It was horribly difficult but the damage to his body was too much.  Three of us were at his side, holding his hands so he was not alone. 

Today I am planning the memorial service.  I am the coordinator, but all siblings are very involved.
There are legal, practical and emotional issues everywhere.  But it will come together.  I wanted to post a photo but am finding it difficult just using my Chromebook. 

5 comments:

de-I said...

Biggest of hugs for you SiL

Gill - UK said...

We are so sorry to hear the sad news - we send our love and deepest sympathy to you and your family at this sad time.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I'm so sorry Bernice. I will be thinking of you and your family.

alexis said...

It is never a good time, or an easy time to lose someone we love. Hope you have the love of your family and friends to see you through the difficult time.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm glad you can be there for your brother and the rest of the family.