Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Another before/after


I knew it would't be a pretty sight, but was not prepared for this.  Our house was built on a piece of farm land.  It was tiled with the old clay tiles which have failed. That resulted in sink holes five feet deep and many areas that remain so wet that we cannot mow there.
Lawn doesn't look too bad in the before picture.



  The tiling crew is here for the second day resulting in this. It goes across the lawn in many places. The sad part is that it will look pretty much like that for a couple of years.  It takes that long for the soil to fill in.  


FYI the man in the red shirt is Hubby supervising!
I will try to not complain since we did not have a choice unless we wanted sink holes.
 Oh, the joy of owning your own home.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I'm not sure I understand, but do you have to dig up the earth to prevent the sink holes?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

This will be worth it to have good drainage. It will get better!

Bernice said...

Alexis, in my next post I will answer your question. Along with pictures that show what they were doing.