Monday, June 17, 2019

Counter top

In my last post I had a picture of the "stolen" counter top.  Well the good new is it has returned and has greatly improved its looks.


The back splash was also "stolen" but has not yet returned.


All the lower cabinets had to be emptied. A new sink, faucet and garbage disposal needed to be installed.  This task fell to dear husband. He is smiling in the picture, but was not always as he crawled into the space under the sink.







I also want to comment on the blue tape on the kitchen window.  For some unknown reason birds repeatedly fly against the windows on all sides of our house.  And make a mess, I would add.  The tape solved the problem.  Guess it doesn't look like an open window, or maybe where they can see their refection.  

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

The countertops look great! The taped windows, not so much. Maybe you could get some window decals or something?

de-I said...

Glad to see the project moving along. We get dove strikes every year on our second story windows. Sometimes they leave almost perfect imprints of their shape, feather patterns and all. Usually, it is right after we've had the windows cleaned.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

The bird thing just happened yesterday. Sitting at my desk minding my own business when ---Bam! Scared the %#^&*% out of me. It's usually the new crop of birds that fly into windows - so maybe its a learned thing. I would have to put up a lot of decals!

Also great looking countertops!

Gill - UK said...

The new work surfaces make your kitchen look so different - they're lovely.