Friday, January 17, 2020

Car shopping

I have been looking at my past blogs.  I have discovered it is a journal of my life since 2007.  I hope to keep that idea in mind when I post going forward.  It is for others but for me too, so that will be a motivator. 

A lot of our energy in the last few weeks has been the shopping for a new car.  We have a friend who just goes to the dealership and says, " I want the red car in the back of the lot."  This is NOT how we buy a car.  Among other things it should have good reviews, be reliable, have low cost for any repairs, be able to tow at least 2,000 pounds, be fun to drive, have a turbo, have leather seats with electric adjustments, and be the right price.  The later usually means it is two or three years old.  Did I mention, it should be red?  Actually we have not decided on any color.

We are serious about one make and model which we will be test driving a few more times. But then maybe it will be another kind.  Stay tuned.   So no pictures yet.

2 comments:

de-I said...

And it has to last a quarter of a million miles of driving

alexis said...

omg, sounds like you guys are deciding on a new family member! I am grateful I don't have to buy or drive cars.