Thursday, January 28, 2010

Basement project

It is always interesting how one project leads to one or two more. Gerry and I are gluing 2 inch polystyrene to the basement walls. We do one or two pieces a night. They are 4 x 8 sheets that cover three walls now. The last wall has all of our shelves against it. The shelves are made of steel and are filled with stuff. Gerry has made several little platforms with a wheel to put under each one. We then will pull them a few feet from the wall to put the polystyrene on the wall. I still need to remove anything that is of value and could be broken. I decided this would be a good time to look at each thing and decide if I still should keep it. That is easier said that done. I look on eBay and find that a glass bud vase is worth between $5 and $15. So is that a keeper or not? So far there is a rather nice size pile to get rid of so it is worth it. The other thought is, should I save everything for a garage sale or just donate to a thrift shop? Past experience says donate it!!!

4 comments:

alexis said...

yes, the work involved I find usually doesn't yield a fat profit. but that is discounting the fun factor, if you enjoy the challenge of selling the stuff.

Gill - UK said...

It's planet friendly and human friendly to recycle by donating to charity shops.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Alexis - it's so much easier to donate than to less, unless you enjoy the selling, and then it becomes a profitable hobby.

de-I said...

In our household the rule of one project leading to another only applies to Wife. Must be something about the Windom water.