Sunday, February 14, 2010

Great turkey dinner and date chosen for Pig Roast

The dinner went well. This is the second turkey DH has cooked in hot oil and it turned out a lot better than the first. I made mashed potatoes which I reheated in a crock pot and a killer cranberry relish. We had four couple plus us. These neighbors live within a mile of each other but some had never met. I know I need to use DH's camera to document the event, but I was too busy to think of it. On the topic of cameras I still have not completed my research to get a new one. We are already planning another dinner, hoping to invite four couples. That seems to be a workable number.
And speaking of entertaining, we have a tentative date for the third annual pig roast - August 21. Anyone who reads this is invited. Out of town guests need to get their RSVP in early to have a room reserved for them at our house.


2 comments:

alexis said...

some day... I will make it to a pig roast!

Anonymous said...

Madam Hotelkeeper,

I would like to reserve a single bed for Andrew. In return for your hospitality, he has volunteered to carve again.