Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Sigh of Relief

Today both the cat and I are happy. Yesterday I spent 10 hours staining the deck because rain was coming. I finished at 7:30 pm and when we awoke this morning it was raining. I have the floor all completed and half of the railings.   The cat is happy because she had to spend her time locked in the garage while I stained.  Otherwise she would have been up there walking in it.  To get her in the garage I would offer her treats there and then close the door.  She kept falling for it.  Today it is catch-up doing laundry and cleaning.

3 comments:

alexis said...

well done! You are almost there with that deck. Are you listening to books on tape as you work?

Bernice said...

No, Alexis, I found that even listening to NPR discussion of something, I forgot where I had put one or two coats! There is no hope for me in that area.

Gill - UK said...

Some jobs never go away - they'll just wait till you've finished the deck.