Saturday, October 22, 2011

Visit to State Capital

This last week I traveled to Columbus, Ohio (our state's capitol) with a women's club.  We toured the State House and the Governor's mansion. I found the mansion more interesting.  First Ladies over the years have all contributed to making it what it is now.  The gardens have native flowers and trees from the various types of areas in the state.  This link is actually from a previous administration but gives a good overview.
http://www.governorsresidence.ohio.gov/garden/gardentour.aspx    Look at the Heritage Garden Tour.

We visited the mansion which you can see here: http://www.governorsresidence.ohio.gov/residence/overviewtour.aspx

The mansion has furniture and art from the period and style of the house which is a Jacobethan Revival-style mansion build in the 1920s. I am including these links since I did not take any pictures.

G and I then rushed up to Play House Square in Cleveland to attend the Million Dollar Quartet.  It doesn't look like the same group as in New Your City but was great.  Look at a few YouTube clips.


4 comments:

de-I said...

Never heard of the Million Dollar Quartet. Are they a classical chamber music group?

alexis said...

I am going to try to remember, other friends were in Houston and took a tour of the capital buildings and gov mansion. Also beautiful. Something worth trying to organize next time we are in the states touring

Bernice said...

de-I, this group plays (and sings) the parts of Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins. Apparently these four met for a jam session once. The performance is based on that. They were on Broadway to start.

Best E-Learning Software said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Online E-Learning Software