Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"I can see clearly now" sort of

Yesterday I had the cataract removed from my left eye.  It had gotten so blurry that I was pretty much reading with just the right. The lens was removed and a plastic one put in.  I now can see in the distance with that eye without glasses, but need reading glasses for close up. My right eye is just the opposite.  I need the glasses for distance but can see close up better without.  I hope this will be remedied when I get new glasses in a few weeks, but for now I have to think about which eye to close for a specific distance.  Gerry keeps thinking I am winking at him!  I must remember to not look that way at strangers. I go the the eye doctor today so will ask how to deal with this.

In the mean time, there is a light snow falling, and I will spend most of my time studying landscaping.  Right now I am going through all the newspaper clipping I have and organizing them by topic, reading them as I go (with one eye of course.)  The pressure is on - Spring is only three months away, which means time to  plant.


2 comments:

alexis said...

oh dear, the eyes sound very troublesome! I hope you find a remedy with new glasses soon.

Gill - UK said...

Do you really have to wait another three months? May is late Spring in the UK