Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday recap

This week I finished sending out our "Christmas" letters. My dear daughter and her husband helped me with this project.  She helped with the writing after I did the rough draft and gave her the pictures that I wanted to include.  He helped by reducing the size of the pictures so that people could actually view them.  If I did not send one to one of my readers, please let me know.  When I sent them by snail mail, I requested the person to send me their email address and several people have responded.  We also received a phone call from one of G's uncles who 85 and lives in an assisted living home. He did not give us his email address but talked about using Skype with grandchildren.

We have been having spectacular weather, temperatures in the 40s and 50s.  When I am walking it feels like Spring. G went for a motorcycle ride one night this last week. Tonight we plan to grill hamburgers outside.  I made homemade whole wheat hamburger buns that have garlic powder and ground pepper in the dough. The pepper gives it a nice kick. Making bread is such fun when I can the Kitchen Aid mixer to do the kneading.

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Some people find kneading bread dough to be soothing, but I just think it's hard physical labor.

Gill - UK said...

Hopefully your spring weather will spread east - we're shivering under a blanket of snow which has followed an unseasonably warm January. Many plants are in bud and won't enjoy the cold blast.

de-I said...

We've had our Kitchen Aid for years but it remains a stranger to me. Perhaps we need some counseling to bring us together. Though I must admit I am the opposite of SRM and do like the physicality of kneading doughs by hand. Then again, I like exercise too.

alexis said...

The bread dough recipe sounds good! Is it available online?

I am in the de-I camp, I like kneading bread dough. But I had a cake turn out a bit chewy via hand mixing, a mixer might have been more gentle I wonder...