Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Landscaping Plan

I have decided that my "Big" goal for the next couple months (or until it is finished) is to draw up a landscape plan that I love.  Then I will be ready when spring arrives and I can start to execute it.  I have two plans drawn to scale, one by a landscape company and another by a nursery.  The first is more detailed and the second seems to just use what they have in their nursery.   A friend of mine who is a Master Gardner has volunteered to put together a plan too.  She does a great job of asking the right questions, like "When you plant things around your deck, do you want to see it while sitting on the deck or is it for the neighbor to see?"  "How much maintenance to you want to do?"  G says none but it will be my job I am sure.  Today I am printing out pictures I have taken of all sides of the house to send to my friend. These will be my "before" pictures.  My next job is to make a list of which specific shrubs, trees and perennials I like.

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Cool! I hope you'll post before pictures, and possible plans, so we can see the project unfold.

Shawn said...

I'd be happy to do a quick 3D model of your house and mock up some different beds, bushes and trees if you want.

alexis said...

ooo, sounds like a fun project, much more so than sanding and repainting the deck was.

de-I said...

I want to see Shawn's 3D model posted on your blog :)