Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Life goes on

Life goes on at the Goertzen's.  Gerry started his new job yesterday.  He was quite tired last night, having to leave the house at 6:30 am and getting home at 6:30pm.  Last night he read some articles online about what you should do in your first 30 days as a supervisor to get off on the right foot.

I spent time today trying to get him signed up for Cobra for his health insurance.  They will not even send me a blank form to apply without talking to Gerry in person. He does not have his new cell phone yet so it is hard to communicate with him at work.  I am frustrated with all the paper work and legal stuff we have to do because Gerry's job was taken away.  But I am trying to focus on all that is good in our lives.  Guess this will give me more empathy for others when this happens.

3 comments:

alexis said...

that is a good way of thinking of it. I don't know that it fully takes away the irritation of working through red tape though.

Gloria said...

I sympathize with you on all the red tape involved. On the bright side it looks like you both have found a new direction to go. Good luck to you both.

de-I said...

Anything dealing with insurance and healthcare has become a total pain in the ass.