Friday, March 15, 2013

Evidence of Spring



The speaker at the women's club I attend is from a "organic farm" in our area.  He raises goats for people who cannot drink cow's milk, but cannot legally sell it to them because it is not pasteurized   So the law permits them to buy part of the goat in exchange for getting the milk. He brought this kid, who needed his dinner.  As any of you are photographers know, getting a good picture of an animal or child is really difficult. This kid drank very fast and moved around while drinking.  While the owner talked to us, his wife just held the kid on her lap.  They have several green houses for vegetables, so I would like to visit them in a month or so (to buy some).


This robin was seen outside my window this morning.  It is hazy because I took the picture through the screen so as to not scare it away.  

4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

There's no mistaking your robin visitor. It reminds me of the robin we saw when we visited Arlington with A.

Gill - UK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
de-I said...

I love the goat-share concept.

Denise Annemarie said...

I see the robin but where is spring?!! I hear there's more snow coming this weekend!