Thursday, April 25, 2013

Grandchildren activities

Over the weekend the grandchildren visited.  K rode the little four wheeler, while her brother who is 4 rode the big four wheeler.  He said, "Dad will ride with me, but I will take over" and that is what he did.  He actually was in charge of the accelerator and steering.  You can see his Dad hanging on for his life.



Today was Grandparents Day at grandson's preschool.  DH had driven to Detroit, MI with the Toyota. I was going to take the Audi, but the starter is not working, so I drove this car.  Isn't  it a perfect "Grandma car"?  I actually was able to go 65 mph with it.  The biggest adjustment is that it does not have power steering or power brakes.  Grandson was quite taken by how you have to roll the windows down by hand.
It made it 100 miles in all.  My other choice would have been to take a motorcycle, but at 40 degrees and raining, I passed on that.





4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

What a brilliant car - I don't have electric windows either, or central locking. But I do have electric mirrors.

alexis said...

I love how many motorized vehicle options you guys have around your house! You have vehicles where others have shoes or bags to match the occasion.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow! I have to admit I would miss power steering. Way to go, Mom.

de-I said...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't include the 4 wheelers as one of the options to get there.